Oceanside, CA 92057 | (212) 795-4969 | firstname.lastname@example.org
FUNCTIONAL & CLASSICAL, Oceanside, CA
June 2017 – Present
Business Manager & Owner
Manage day to day administration and operations of an exercise and fitness business.
- Plan, create, and lead fitness programs for small group classes as well as private sessions.
- Market and promote business using social media marketing, email marketing, and other digital marketing methods. Design and maintain business website providing regular updates.
- Provide excellent customer service and sales support to clients explaining the various fitness programs.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients to support business growth and sustainability.
- Perform business and office administration duties, including budget management, payment processing, bookkeeping, database management, filing, and more; prepare annual business taxes.
RANCHO LA PUERTA, Tecate, Mexico
May 2015 – November 2017
Pilates & Fitness Instructor
Provided exceptional guest services in teaching and leading a wide range of fitness classes for diverse clientele at the world-renowned, fitness spa and resort.
- Led and taught group, semi-private and private sessions, and classes in a range of formats, including Pilates, cycling, strength training, stretch, foam roller, circuit, TRX, BOSU, kettlebells, HIIT, pickleball, and more.
- Interacted with guests to keep them engaged. Provided top-notch customer service to ensure client satisfaction.
- Conducted and led property tours, orientations, and other concierge / reception services to welcome guests.
- Often acted as weekend Manager-On-Duty, which involved supervising staff and resolving issues to ensure outstanding guest experience.
BAY CLUB CARMEL VALLEY, San Diego, CA
June 2011 – October 2015
(December 2013 – October 2015)
Selected to launch, market, and lead adoption of the new MyRide Virtual Reality product to indoor cycling programs.
- Managed and coordinated schedules as well as provided audio / video (A/V) technical support and troubleshooting to ensure high performance of product.
Pilates Program Director / Instructor
(August 2012 – May 2014)
Managed and provided direction for a team of five instructors, accountable for setting expectations and team performance.
- Recruited, hired, and on-boarded new talent providing training to ensure team met performance expectations.
- Launched and managed a monthly program membership initiative that became #1 company-wide.
- Introduced strategies to increase sales and revenue growth; monitored program performance making adjustments as needed.
- Provided memorable customer service to clients to ensure their loyalty and long-term business.
- Organized and coordinated schedule for fitness classes and offered specialty programming.
Group Fitness Instructor / Pilates Instructor / Personal Trainer
(June 2011 – August 2012)
- Taught group fitness classes and provided personal training for private clients.
FROG’S FITNESS, Encinitas, CA
December 2010 – August 2012
Pilates Program Director
Developed and managed a popular Pilates program for the fitness center.
- Implemented sales and business retention strategies that increased group classes and revenue growth.
- Provided excellent customer service by addressing clients concerns to ensure their long-term, continued business.
- Standardized internal marketing within corporate guidelines to bolster company branding.
PLUS ONE HEALTH MANAGEMENT,
New York, NY & Los Angeles, CA
October 2004 – April 2009
Group Fitness Program Director & Instructor
Promoted to director and relocated from New York to Los Angeles in Nov. 2008; continued to lead fitness classes as needed.
Provided leadership in developing engaging fitness classes that consistently met / exceeded revenue and capacity expectations.
- Enhanced group fitness programs by adding more classes and increasing penetration rate thereby increasing revenue generation. Managed the overall performance of programs.
- Engaged with clients to build relationships and to ensure their satisfaction with the program.
- Hired and trained new instructors as well as implemented corporate marketing tools to support lead generation.
- Conducted and led group fitness classes for corporate businesses, including for Nestle (Glendale), Disney (Burbank), and NBC (Culver City) and Goldman Sachs, The Hearst Corporation, and Merrill Lynch in New York.
CREDIT SUISSE, New York, NY
October 1999 – October 2005
Senior Web Developer
(January 2003 – October 2005)
Managed a team of front-end developers and customer service reps; provided training to enable team to perform at top levels.
- Empowered non-technical users to own and update internal sites thereby reducing time the team spent on these tasks.
- Developed and maintained successful client relationships providing quality customer service.
- Coded wireframes from designers for developers.
(October 1999 – January 2003)
Designed, developed, and maintained over 1,000 internal sites and over 10,000 external pages.
- Provided technical support resolving 4,000 Help Desk tickets a year; supported all internal company departments.
EDUCATION & SKILLS
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
Wheaton College, Norton, MA
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint); Google Workplace; HTML, WordPress, and other Content Management Systems; Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat); Constant Contact, Mailchimp, Facebook for Business, Instagram for Business, Later (social media scheduling tool); Quicken; and Zoom & teleconferencing software
- Perform at night clubs and entertainment venues as a DJ and musician; audio & video enthusiast.
- Diverse background organizing events for the entertainment sector, including guerrilla marketing and PR campaigns.